QualityAdvantage provides the most practical, value-added PPAP/FMEA Training and Facilitation available. We include automotive customer-specific APQP training and facilitation, as applicable.
We provide onsite PPAP and FMEA training and facilitation to a variety of clients, and to their suppliers. Our training and facilitation supports all current, applicable APQP / PPAP / FMEA requirements of various quality system standards, including, of course, IATF 16949:2016 (ISO/TS 16949:2009), ISO 9001:2015 (ISO 9001:2008), and AS9100D (AS9100C).
Because PPAP requirements are normally customer-specific, we work closely with you to tailor our training and facilitation to your customer’s, and your organization’s specific needs.
We train a cross-functional PPAP Team from your organization to develop, implement, and review cost-effective, practical PPAPs, PFMEAs, and DFMEAs.
For maximum effectiveness, we use actual data from your customer, from your organization, and from your suppliers, as applicable. We do not use irrelevant “made-up examples” that do not apply to your needs.
- We facilitate a DFMEA based on your design criteria, and/or a PFMEA based on your manufacturing process criteria, while training the technical aspects of the PPAP process.
- Your PPAP Team will learn and understand all eighteen (18) PPAP requirements. We promote significant discussion of all of the elements of a PPAP. It is crucial that your organization and management understand the key role of PPAP in a Quality Management System reducing risk, eliminating waste, and controlling process variation.
- We mentor one or more team members to facilitate and lead the Team, to meet any future requirements. As necessary, we establish effective norms for the cross-functional team.
- We facilitate at least one PPAP of your choice, preferably a “family PPAP,” to assure understanding of PPAP methods and requirements.
- Our training/facilitation includes block diagrams / process flow diagrams, DFMEA and PFMEA as applicable, and Process Control Plans, as applicable.
- An optional, voluntary exam and training certificate are offered at the end of this training, as proof of training effectiveness, for your certified QMS, as applicable.
Developing an effective PPAP Package is a significant achievement! When we are finished, your organization owns your PPAP process. Doing your first PPAP correctly reaps benefits for years to come.